A successful Service Desk consultant will have the ability to take detailed customer requirements and implement those requirements on CA Service Desk Manager r12.5 systems with minimal direction or guidance. The consultant would also have the ability to lend technical assistance during the analysis, design, and implementation of CA Service Desk Manager-related applications, for large enterprise and service provider clients. The developer must have some experience and knowledge in deploying core functionality in an out of box system, including the ability to install the system on at least one server platform and one database, and first-hand experience integrating CA Service Desk Manager with other CA products. The characteristics of this position include: a working command of technology and architectural concepts; the ability to perform an analysis of client processes; ability to document and develop workflows for system functionality and customization. The successful candidate will work as part of a team on client engagements with some direct supervision.
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum position requirements to be considered for this opportunity:
· Provide application support for the configuration, customization, and administration of the CA Service Desk Manager r12x application in close coordination with the customer staff
· Must have working knowledge of CA ITPAM 3.0x+, and experience integrating ITPAM with CA Service Desk Manager to pass information to/from each application
· Must have a good working knowledge of Service Operations Lifecycle processes (incident and problem management in particular)
· Exhibit development experience with CA Service Desk Manager r11x+ systems
· Familiarity and experience with other Service Desk tools a plus
· Experience and a good working knowledge of the UNIX/Linux/Windows server operating systems a plus
· Familiarity with network/application operation and definition within the OSI model including IP, TCP, UDP and ICMP a plus
· Knowledge of ODBC and JDBC connectivity from CA Service Desk 12.x+ a plus
· Knowledge of CA Enterprise Entitlement Manager (EEM) and integration with Active Directory a plus
· Knowledge of Reporting within Service Desk with an emphasis on Auditing a plus
· Work with client management and staff to integrate the client's business objectives, current technical infrastructure, and state of the art technologies into enterprise-wide solutions.
· Design and/or assess operational processes for effective enterprise wide network and systems technology management.
· Apply interpersonal skills to communicate with both technical and business oriented individuals.
· Provide training, documentation, and handoff activities surrounding Service Desk capabilities developed on per-client basis
· Provide thought leadership within Windward’s Service Desk Optimization Solution area to enhance service offerings to federal and commercial clients
· Provide presales support including attendance of sales calls and proposal development relating to Service Desk technologies
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
- Degree in CS, EE or related MIS field preferred.
- Washington DC/Northern VA-based
- Training/certifications relating to CA Service Desk Manager, ITPAM, CA Service Catalog, and/or CA CMDB required.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with any version of the Service Desk Manager platform (6.0+) as a system administer or programmer
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on Service Desk experience with version r11+
- A high degree of interpersonal skill in working with various levels of technical and business oriented individuals is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable experience in leading development and implementation of processes and managing business/project plans a plus
- Prior experience in a consulting environment is preferred.
- Exposure to OSS tool suite(s) and operational environment challenges preferred
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance required ITIL® V3 Foundation certification required; advanced ITIL® certifications preferred.