Provide day-to-day application support, including the following:
Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools including SharePoint-based applications specific to engineering and quality
- Level 2 and 3 application support and resolution for PLM, CAD and CAE software products including Siemens Teamcenter, PTC Windchill, Oracle Agile, SAP PLM, Dassault Enovia, Siemens UG/NX, PTC Creo, Dassault CATIA, ANSYS, Altair, LS-DYN, etc. on Unix, Linux and/or Windows
Develop strong working relationships with both business and IT users
- PLM CAD data management with one of the major PLM systems
- PLM systems administration and business administration
- Installation and tuning of Windows, Linux and Unix systems
- Software installation and configuration on Windows, Linux and Unix systems
- Software license administration
- Manage 3rd party suppliers in problem resolution when needed
- Strong, demonstrable troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills with the ability to communicate the results of the analysis
- Coordinate and perform application maintenance activities and schedules
- Perform application preventative maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning
- Availability for some on-call, after hours and weekend support as required by the customer account
- Create project plans and provide appropriate project reporting (i.e. PMO, status reports)
- Application rationalization strategies
- Software testing and deployment best practices
- Ensure projects adhere to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Create and maintain the appropriate project documentation (i.e. functional specifications, user acceptance plans, installation procedures)
- Manage project resources (i.e. manpower, financial)
- Interface with the development, DBA, and Infrastructure teams as needed
- Interface with internal and external customers as needed for application support and new project processes
- Problem definition and resolution of software and systems issues
- Work Process and Procedure Documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical resources
- Develop training presentations as required.
- Write systems application documentation as requested
- Domestic and international travel, as required, to fulfill communication and site support requirements.
- Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design. Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Understands a broad spectrum of HP technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Often leads small to medium technical projects. Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives. Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment. Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
- Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
- Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value. Demonstrates execution of the HP strategy.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learning’s are documented and shared. Role models Focuses on single customer. Solves diverse and complex. May lead a project team.
Education and Experience Required:
5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise. Has led small team in delivery of a specific deliverable.
- Has mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas. Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge.
- Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products. Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence. Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
- Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
- Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
Apr 10, 2014
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like...