We are currently seeking a CAD Drafter based out of our facility in University Park, IL – this position is immediately available.
Prepares simple drawings where dimensions, tolerances, notes and structures have been determined by other, usinf acquired CAD knowledge and drawing techniques. Redraws existing pencil drawings to CAD when required. Performs a wide range of duties when plotting, filing, obsoleting CAD or other drawings. Performs basic activities within the Engineering change system under the direct supervision of other CAD Drafters, Designers, or Engineers.
1 Under direct engineering supervision, edits existingdrawings of simple to moderate complexity per ECR documentations. Includes editing of geometry, dimensions, test, charts, etc., as well as preparation of proper paperwok related to product releases, inventory master, and product structure updating, and engineering change orders.
2. Generates original drawings from various sources, including sketches, verbal instructions, and scaling of parts for detail, assemble, and parts drawings.
3. Translates files to and from various software platforms.
4. Operates computer aided design equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRT's and associated periperhal equipment.
5. Maintains CAD drawing files including text files.
6. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Federal Signal Corporation - 17 months ago