Scientific Research Corporation, a leading Research and Development Company providing innovative solutions focused on advanced commercial technologies in the development of wireless communications, information, and sensor systems for the Department of Defense Service Sector, Government and Commercial industries, has an exciting career opportunity for CAD Designer II located in Huntsville, AL.
• Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SRC currently has an opening for a Drafter / Designer. The individual will be responsible for working under the guidance of senior engineering staff to to produce parts, assemblies and drawings of various mechanical and electrical subsystems supporting a Department of Defense contract.
The right candidate for this position will be motivated, innovative, resourceful, well organized with excellent inter-personal skills. The candidate will provide CAD support for the specification, design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of material, equipment and/or machinery required to meet customer requirements. This professional will also conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and improve efficiency.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepares various drawings of parts, assemblies, and products, including various views, sectional profiles, irregular or reverse views, hidden lines and small intricate details. Drawings show complete dimensional data for engineering or manufacturing purposes and must include appropriate annotations.
• Utilizes Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) system or equivalent to complete assignments in both 2D and 3D.
• Analyzes project mechanical specifications and/or requirements to design appropriate equipment for the application.
• Researches, plans, coordinates and proposes both original and modified designs of mechanical products and systems.
• Assists engineering team with confirmation of material, hardware, and equipment/materials selection and design.
• Employs knowledge of engineering theory, mathematics and practical mechanics to solve design and production problems.
• Assists project engineer in ensuring all required drawings are completed and meets project requirements.
• Consults with appropriate engineers during the engineering and design phase to ensure that assembly best practices are considered and design standards are being met.
• Identifies potential obstacles and establishes corrective measures prior to release.
• Coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
• Follows configuration management process for developing, releasing, and updating project drawing packages.
• Supports occasional travel to project meetings, job sites, or fabrication vendor shops.
To be the premier provider of technology solutions for national defense and global security.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
sologig - 17 months ago