The CAD Drafter is responsible for preparing assembly and detail drawings to company standards, following the general instructions and direction of a designer or design engineer. The CAD Drafter uses general design knowledge and CAD methods, procedures and techniques to produce engineering documents and drawings. The incumbent reports to the CAD Lead and engineering manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Associates degree in mechanical drawing or its equivalent. No experience required.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and be able to read and interpret drawings, specifications and datasheets.
- The ability create layouts, determine scale and perform mathematical calculations is required.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Works with close supervision; independent decision making is not typically required.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
For more than two decades, POET has defined the art of biorefining. We have grown from a single, humble refinery in Scotland, South Dakota,...