The Arcanum Group, Inc. is an experienced provider of multi-functional program, technical and administrative services to Federal, State and Commercial Enterprise customers. The Arcanum Group’s experience in providing innovative project solutions and top-level staff to customers over the past ten years has resulted in our exceptional reputation as a trusted partner to our customers nationwide. We believe that our success is a direct result of applying the highest business ethics in everything we do while driving innovation and visionary thinking throughout our company. We invite you to explore the endless possibilities that we believe are in our reach.
The Arcanum Group is seeking, a CAD Drafter Operator I in Lakewood, CO in support of GSA to produce accurate and timely reproductions of federally owned and leased inventory in accordance with the PBS‘ Business Assignment Guide.
- Transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents.
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Performs a combination of complex, long, and short-range computer aided drafting services involving Government-owned and Government leased facilities.
- Applies PBS‘ measurement and assignment principles as they pertain to PBS‘ Space Assignment Guide and ANSI/BOMA measurement standards (ANSI/BOMA Z65.1-1996).
- Uses the latest CAD software available to prepare computer-aided drawings for reference and documentation.
- Using Real Property and Information Resources fields, applies experimental theories and new developments to problems which cannot be resolved by accepted methods and makes recommendations regarding policies of the CIFM program.
- Applies a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of CIFM program effectiveness.
- Presents recommendations to internal business lines pertaining to PBS‘ Business Assignment Guide and matters as they relate to the CIFM/CAD program and goals.
- Provides sound and authoritative technical guidance on all issues related to the CIFM program.
- Produces quality accurate drawings, requiring a high degree of precision, incorporating drafting and design skills, construction techniques and specifications, and AutoCAD using technical and professional training.
- Utilizes GSA's proprietary electronic Spatial Management and Reporting Tool (eSMART) to update drawings as changes occur within the space allocation and assignments.
- Completes work assignments using initiative and ingenuity in interpreting and adapting guidelines to specific projects.
- Resolves issues where guidelines and precedent cases are inadequate or not directly applicable.
- Meets and communicates with appropriate agency personnel to gather applicable information in order to analyze the specific task to be completed.
- Three years of experience in the CAD field or in a related area and a high-level of CAD software skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and utilization of ANSI/BOMA measurement standards.
- Experience desired with AutoCAD 2008, FIS, MapGuide, and Documentum.
- General knowledge of the Computer Integrated Facilities Management (CIFM) program, Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM).
- Practical knowledge of Real Property and information resources fields, and strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.