Play a vital role within a growing company in Land and Site Development. Imagine this: A career where your opinion counts, where you can ask questions every day and get answers from experienced professionals; your future is important to us, our company and our community. Bohler is the premier Land Development Civil/Site Consulting Firm in the eastern U.S., providing civil engineering, surveying, planning, landscape architecture and permitting services throughout several industries. Bohler employees produce high quality project documents and continuously communicate with team members, managers and outside entities.
Through our 14 offices, we assist our clients in navigating the land development process from site evaluation and due diligence through project completion. We approach projects from an owner/developer perspective. By treating our clients’ projects like our own, we are able to provide services that continue to exceed expectations.
We are seeking ambitious candidates who are success-driven, possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to multi-task effectively. We offer competitive compensation, career growth, great benefits and professional training. We also support the involvement in Professional organizations and continued education/certifications.
- Plan and prepare preliminary layouts and detailed design drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and/or other drawings, ensuring they meet company and industry standards and codes
- Design and Draft the following using CAD Autodesk Autocad, Civil 3D
- Land Development Plans
- Zoning Plans
- Concept Plans
- Construction Documents
- Research and obtain standards/codes required by client and Jurisdiction through interaction with necessary personnel (PM, PE, etc.) to accurately and efficiently develop above noted plans
- Work closely with Designers, Drafters, and Engineers to ensure coordination design effort is maintained
- Complete drawing/project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule; review drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Organize/maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well structures manner
- Use 3rd party applications (AutoTURN, StormCAD, etc.) to generate drawings based on specific project requirements
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Bohler Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
- Technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter curriculum (BS Civil Engineering preferred)
- Design experience a plus
- Knowledge of Civil 3D a plus
- Have good working knowledge within CAD drawings as related to:
- Layer management and usage
- Drawing scales as they relate to text, dimensions, lines, viewports, etc...
- Plotting and Plot scales, pen tables, etc...
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with respect to projects, CAD standards, etc. on a daily basis
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Willingness/ability to assume increased responsibilities when presented with them
- Ability to work as a team player and interact well with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills