An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a CAD Drafter within the Process Plants Technology Center of UOP’s Process Technology & Equipment business unit located in Des Plaines, IL. This group supports the design, fabrication, and installation of skid-mounted, modular, and stand-alone equipment. The position will play a key role in the creation of PIDs, PFDs, plot plans and electrical schematics.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining.
UOP LLC, headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, USA, is a leading international supplier and licensor of process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, process plants, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, and gas processing industries. UOP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc. and is part of Honeywell's Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group. For more information, go to www.uop.com .
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Work within various process plants departments.
- Conduct assignment generally involving general, multi-disciplined drafting assignments.
- Makes responsible decisions which are subject to detailed technical review.
Relative accountabilities include:
- Providing drafting support to Project Teams and departmental infrastructure in specialized or general disciplined areas.
- Communicating progress of assigned tasks to manager.
- Communicating schedule or man-hour changes to assigned task to the Manager as they arise.
- Meeting budgeted hours and schedule on assigned project work.
- Attending and participating in project team meetings.
- Communicating with project manager on progress.
Basic Candidate Requirements:
- Working effectively with team members.
- Identify opportunities for work process and design tool improvements.
An Associates of Science degree in Computer Aided Design or related technical discipline, together with 1-2 years experience using CAD software in the refining, chemical, or gas processing industries is required .
Minimum of 1 year experience utilizing AutoCAD 2008 (or higher) or Microstation V8 (or higher) is required.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
Experience in creating P&IDs is preferred.
Strong oral and written communications skills are preferred.
Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize work flow are desired.
G ood interpersonal skills and self-motivation is ideal.
We offer a team oriented environment along with exciting career opportunities and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Apply to this position at http://www.honeywell.com/careers/jobsearch.html Position number: 00199097 — CAD Drafter
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell - 17 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...