Proos Manufacturing Company
Job Description for CAD/Drafter
Purpose: Produce CAD models to support further manufacturing of sheet metal products; working closely with engineering and production.
- Create CAD models and detailed drawings from customer supplied prints or direction from Sr. Engineers.
- Support changes to programs based on feedback from the customer, engineering team and requests from the production floor.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to established company safety procedures.
- Interpret engineering blueprints and designs to produce flat pattern layouts of parts.
- Work with engineering to reverse engineer parts for manufacturing.
- Make changes in the database to support internal CAD change requests as directed by the engineering and production team.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production & interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and models, specifically for sheet metal fabrication.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials used in sheet metal fabrication, production processes, bend deductions, laser applications, press brake forming, quality control, costs.
- Time Management – Ability to organize tasks in order of importance and use time most effectively in order to complete all work in a timely manner.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Engineering – Engineering experience/background with strong mechanical aptitude.
- 2-5 years of experience using Autodesk Inventor Software.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must have good mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Attention to Detail
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Indeed - 20 months ago