Sensus is a leading utility infrastructure company, providing smart grid communications, distribution automation and smart metering technologies that enable electric, gas and water utilities to better measure, manage and control critical resources. Our smart grid communications network provides the backbone that allows utilities to enable a host of demand response; home area networking and efficiency programs that help consumers practice intelligent resource consumption. With nearly 10 million smart endpoints deployed, Sensus is helping utilities build their smart grids for electric, water and gas.
This individual will be responsible for the creation of electrical and mechanical drawings for our Base station product. Electrical wiring diagrams needed for equipment interconnections, mechanical housing drawings used for fabrication of tooling, and assembly drawings of the entire product are the principal focus for this position. Responsibilities will include creating the drafting package provided to third party contract manufacturers. Additional responsibilities include management of version control for all drawings generated.
Education & Experience:
- Assist with development of documentation of design projects and performs routine drafting and document control functions using Pro-E, AutoCAD 2006-2012, Anvil 2d Cad, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software.
- Good working knowledge of drafting procedures and standards.
- Creative ability while applying good engineering/design principles and ingenuity in the development of practical and marketable cost-effective products.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, quality tools and industry standards.
- Comprehensive attention to accuracy, details, quality, and procedures. Possesses good mathematical skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and is a self-starter. Is goal-focused and requires little supervision.
- Ability to deal directly with a variety of individuals at all levels in a harmonious fashion under fast-paced conditions.
- Ability to address several simultaneous tasks while maintaining good organizational and time management skills. Ability to take instruction/direction well.
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Drafting/Design.
- Vocational certificate - with 3 to 5 years min experience.
- Proficient with ProE, 2D AutoCAD software or preferably Anvil.
- Optional experience with Pro Creo 1.0 and 2.0, and Wildfire
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
Sensus - 19 months ago