TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
Community College or High School Diploma with appropriate technical training and certification. At least 3 years demonstrated experience working with AutoCAD and Inventor systems in an industrial environment with machinery. Must have experience working with structural steel such as tube, C-channel, or I-beam (in structures or otherwise). Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the structural steel and equipment industry. Experience to include: AutoCAD 2012, Inventor, MS Office Suite, experience in conveyor and structural steel design, understanding of fabrication and welding practices, understanding of the team concept, and project management. Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and commitment to safety.
Must be able to work in a team environment. Must be able to travel occasionally throughout North America as needed for equipment commissioning and support. Must be comfortable with working in heights, confined spaces, and a dusty environment with the proper protection.
Most time spent at a computer workstation in an office environment with the proper ergonomics. Position requires occasional heavy physical effort and the ability to perform lifting and moving objects weighing over 50 pounds. Will require occasional pushing, pulling, reaching, walking, standing, crawling, kneeling, bending, exposure to loud noise (above 85dB) and working in cramped positions over and under machinery of all types for sustained periods of time. Requires infrequent operation of power tools during these activities.
Reporting to the Group Mechanical Engineer, the CAD Drafter is responsible for executing drafting projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of structures and recycling equipment systems derived from layouts and sketches.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The CAD Drafter Follows established technical specifications to prepare 2D and 3D drawings and performs design drafting. The CAD Drafter consults with SRS engineers regarding model accuracy, design, and drafting standards. The incumbent will be based in Roseville, CA, but travel occasionally to the other SRS North American sites as needed.
The CAD Drafter must be proficient in drafting techniques, standards, and the AutoCAD and Inventor drawing packages. They must also be proficient in detailing erection and fabrication drawings of stairs, rails, conveyor belts, equipment platforms, ducting, and other miscellaneous structural steel items.
1. Supports all SRS NA sites with 2D and 3D drafting expertise. Requires occasional travel to various sites around North America as required.
2. Compilation of Bills of Materials, Cut Bills, Field and Shop Bolt Lists, and other documentation as required
3. Drafting erection and fabrication drawings of stairs, handrails, and equipment platforms.
4. Drafting machinery designs of conveyor belts, hydraulic dumpers and similar equipment.
5. Drafting ventilation and ducting designs.
6. Excellent communication with Engineering group colleagues and local site contacts.
7. Ensure design compliance with SimsMMway safety policies.
8. Visit job-sites to complete field measurements as required
9. Manage electronic file structure for group designs and drawings
10. Document and develop best management practices for equipment design.
11. Other duties as required.
Sims Metal Management - 2 years ago
Sims Metal Management provides metal recycling services primarily in Australia, the UK, and the US. In addition to processing steel and...