Prepare design and detail drawings, 3D models, basic calculations, and BOM’s for Struthers Wells products and projects – i.e. heat exchangers, process furnaces, heat recovery equipment, and once through steam generators (OTSG).
• Work in unison with the Project Engineers and Engineering Department in general, to understand and perform to the contract specifications.
• Prepare major assembly, section and detailed design and manufacturing drawings in accordance with job specifications and standard practices of the Company. Work is to be done on the Company’s CAD system using procedures that conform to industry and Company accepted standards. Proficiency in both 3D Modeling and 2D CAD is required.
• Generate necessary calculations for determination of physical size, weight, volume, and thermal expansions to produce component part drawings. Basic ASME Code calculations under the direction of Engineering may be required.
• Prepare itemized Bill of Material (BOM) lists and project shipping list.
• Provide support to the project team for manufacturing and field construction issues.
• Review vendor manufacturing drawings for compliance to SW project design drawings.
• Participate in team or product meetings as require, to review and report on progress against schedule.
• Notify the Project Engineer of changes, as best understood, that may result in changes to the contract either as price increases or decreases.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Education – minimum of 2 years of Technical School (CAD Training) with demonstrated proficiency in 2D & 3D AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, or similar platforms. Mutli-platform experience preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• High degree of mechanical aptitude with shop experience preferred
• Good communication skills with willingness to work well in a team environment.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience (sheet metal, structural steel platform detailing, and ASME pressure vessels).
• Knowledge of ASME Section I Power Pressure Vessel and ASME B31.1 Power Piping Codes.
• Knowledge of AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
• Knowledge of AISC Specification for the design, fabrication, and erection of structural steel for buildings
• Good English speaking skills.
• Fluency in foreign language(s) is an additional asset.
Resume to: email@example.com
Babcock Power Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job