Develops 3D models and training program for CAD users while maintaining all design related software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate new technologies and make implementation recommendations to Management.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Develop and maintain a process for tracking orders and requests for designs requested.
- Beta-testing of latest software release, including but not limited to Inventor, CADWorx, Mechanical Desktop, Advanced Pressure Vessel
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to users in the development of operating systems and software.
- Work with Information Technology to ensure hardware platforms meet application requirements.
- Work with Information Technology to resolve software functionality and network access issues
- Installs software and user utilities for modifications and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Manages hardware maintenance and repair activities and diagnoses and resolves hardware problems.
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Works with others to develop alternative system and software designs.
- Recommends selection, approval, and acquisition of hardware, software, networking components, and services.
- Installs, configures, and tests workstations with supporting hardware, software, and networking components.
- Create and maintain models for standard components and create models for custom components as required
- Create and maintain procedures and specifications related to drafting function
- Plan, organize and lead regularly scheduled CAD users meetings
- Conduct quarterly in-depth training for CAD users
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of technological advances in CAD hardware, software and industry trends
- Migrate and test standard components and templates to latest software release prior to implementation
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to CAD applications
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Graphics Technology
- Basic understanding of ASME Section VIII Division 1, ASME B31.3 and B31.8
- Basic understanding of natural gas engines, diesel engines, reciprocating and rotary screw compressors
- Basic comprehension of P&IDs (symbols, process flow)
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of all company safety, environmental, and practices
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, single variable equations. Ability to apply basic trigonometric concepts such as sine, cosine, tangent . Ability to apply mathematical and trigonometric operations to such tasks as calculating weights, volumes and determining angular requirements of components.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- AutoCAD 2006 or later experience
- Inventor 11 Professional or later experience
- CADWorx P&ID experience
- Microsoft Excel and Word software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is often required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the primary work environment is usually quiet, but the employee is required on a regular basis to work in production areas where noise levels are usually loud. The employee is required to wear appropriate personnel protective equipment when working in areas where it is required. The employee is exposed to all ambient conditions when moving from one building to another.
Up to 10%