CAD Operator (Job Number: 308372)
CAD Operator Lisle IL
SAIC’s Energy, Environment & Infrastructure Business Unit (formerly Patrick Energy Services) continues to expand its operations, and seeks a highly motivated, customer-oriented CAD Operator to join the team in Oakbrook Terrace/Lisle IL. This is a strategically important position that will have a large impact on an already successful organization.
The successful candidate will perform various CAD functions using MicroStation and AutoCad software. Duties include extensive file management, detailing, updating, and printing of drawing files, in addition to revising existing drawings. Experience in electrical services is preferred. Two to five years of experience required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with multiple engineers & designers to perform drafting of accurate drawing packages for utility power delivery projects including:
- single-line diagrams and three-line diagrams, grounding plans, wiring, schematics, and AC/DC wiring systems.
- plan view and elevation drawings layouts for conduit and trench, control building layouts and structural/electrical details.
- Draft in AutoCAD and/or Microstation environments.
- Plot, Batch Plot, Scan and issue project drawing and documentation packages.
- Support multiple project and client deadlines and deliverables.
- Knowledge of drafting principals, techniques and procedures.
- Manipulate vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Ability to draft plans and drawings from engineer provided markups.
- Ability work within Windows XP/VISTA/7 operating system environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of VBA, AutoLisp.
- Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools.
- The following software packages are a plus, ACAD Electrical, Inventor, Bentley PromisE and Substation.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced engineering/production environment
- High level of attention to detail.
- Associated Degree in drafting and Design Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years drafting experience and a minimum of two years experience with AutoCAD Release 2007 and or Microstation V7/8 and above.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 4, 2013, 4:39:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-IL-LISLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...