This Mechanical Drafter/Designer will be responsible for updating drawings for existing products and generating new designs and drawings for new products. Working with engineers and technician, the Designer/Drafter will ensure that products are accurately and completely documented to support the customers.
- Prepare sales drawings for new equipment when added to company inventory.
- Prepare decal and decal placement drawings.
- Prepare conceptual drawings for new equipment
- Prepare drawings of modifications to existing equipment.
- Work directly with field personnel to provide for their drawing needs.
- Work with the Marketing and assist with the production of graphic needs.
- Post new drawings and update existing drawings to the intranet web site.
- Set up and maintain the drawing filing system (document control).
- Reverse engineering and troubleshooting design problems.
- Update existing equipment drawings as required.
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) for branch sales representatives.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems
- Develop and maintain standardized drawing formats to be used for all types of drawings. (sales, PFD's, parts, etc.)
- Provide direction and support to the Engineering Department staff as related to drawing needs of the company.
- Work with the Purchasing Manager to ensure that electronic files of equipment drawings are obtained and maintained from our major suppliers, as well as secondary suppliers to any extent practical.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide support on various Engineering Department projects as needed outside of drawing.
- Support other internal customers (such as the Operations Department) on an as needed basis.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in areas of drawing management and equipment/parts design.
- Assist with the development of engineering and manufacturing policies and SOP's.
Skills and Abilities
- Primarily working indoors in a regular office environment. Some exposure to dust and noise. Personal Protective equipment may be necessary in yard locations.
- Working conditions include outdoor and indoor field, yard and shop locations. Working on uneven ground and near various types of equipment in all types of weather. Working underneath equipment. Exposure to the outdoors, extreme weather conditions, dirt, and fumes. Utilization of Personal Protective Equipment is necessary.
- 10% travel involved
- Must be proficient in the use of Autodesk products; AutoCAD 2D is the minimum requirement, but 3D ability is very highly desired. Ability in the use of additional Autodesk products such as 3DS Max Design, Inventor, Maya, Product Design Suite, AutoCAD P&ID and simulation Mechanical are very desirable.
- Must be able to prepare orthographic view drawings.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional and Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiarity with fabrication methods, welding and manufacturing drawings is desirable.
- Prior experience with electrical design or automation and the ability to produce electrical "one line" drawings and schematics would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Experience & Other
- Bachelor’s Degree, Preferred
Excellent total compensation opportunity plus competitive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, life, & LTD insurance, profit-sharing, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) program with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, EAP and more!
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of previous drafting and design experience.
BakerCorp is a Drug Free Workplace. The Company’s pre-employment screening process includes but is not limited to social security verification, criminal background check, and drug test. MAY be required to pass DOT physical, MVR, and/or credit history based on essential functions of position.
In the fictional words of BakerCorp, "t'anks for renting from us." Since its founding in 1942, BakerCorp has distributed...