The Architectural and Engineering Groups are responsible for multiple job functions that include in-house designs; reviews consultant designs (design and construction documents), construction administration, survey field conditions of existing buildings facilities, develop/enforce standards for all airport facilities and support other groups such as Asset Management, Planning, Engineering, DOA Stakeholders and Senior Management with technical expertise. These responsibilities require the support and development of design and construction drawings, maps, sketches and other graphics that need to be prepared in Auto CAD. The CAD Operator supports the Architects and Engineers with his/her expertise in the development of these documents and is key in assuring that all projects are done effectively and in a timely manner.
The purpose of this job position is to provide multidiscipline (Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical) technical CAD support under the Architectural & Engineering disciplines that form part of the Design Group of the Planning & Development Bureau for the Department of Aviation (DOA). The CAD Operator works under the direction of the CAD Lead .
Examples Of Essential Duties:
· Performs efficient and accurate drafting with adherence to CAD standards
· Performs Quality Assurance and Quality Control of prepared work
· Coordinates drawing files with CAD Lead
· Performs file Maintenance on CAD system
· Performs Electronic Project File Management
· Performs Project Design as directed by Project Manager, Architects or Engineers
· Provides coordination and interface with Architectural and Engineering disciplines
· Has excellent knowledge and proficiency of AUTO CAD and its applications
· Has thorough knowledge of CAD standards and methodologies
· Has thorough knowledge of Architectural and Engineering drafting methodologies
· Has a good organizational and CAD technical skill
· Able to effectively communicate and interact with subordinates and management
· Able to work effectively in a team oriented environment
Minimum Qualifications Required:
· Associate Degree in Engineering / Drafting
· 7 – 10 years of progressively responsible multidiscipline (Architectural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical) CAD drafting work experience
The City of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
City of Atlanta, GA - 13 months ago