David Evans and Associates is currently seeking a CAD Operator to join our onsite project team located in Vancouver, WA.This position will provide CAD support for Critical Facilities Team, Program management Team and Ross Facilities and other related personnel in the Facilities asset Mgmt group (NWM). This position will provide documentation and technical support for work involving day-to-day operations and maintenance for system repairs, replacements, upgrades, and new construction projects working with project managers and project engineers. This includes CAD (microstation) and Projectwise support to develop, revise, distribute, and organize engineering drawings. Provide support and assistance for the BPA Program managers for both critical and non-critical work that includes standards development, operating procedures, maintenance procedures/standards, and documentation retention. Provide construction and engineering contract documentation support as a liaison between BPA document control, A&E contractors and construction contractors. This position is located in Vancouver Washington.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide CAD Operator support for Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering requirements to support BPA’s Facility Asset Management Programs that include Critical and Ross Facilities, for any related projects.
- Manage and Distribute electrical drawings, documents, standards and reports as requested by internal or contracted Engineering firms or other customers.
- Provide drafting support to personnel to create and update CAD drawings of facilities and associated critical systems, and other related components
- Assist in maintaining and developing the Critical power programs documentation retention program. Maintain directories for equipment manufacture documentation, technical manuals, commissioning and test reports, warranties and maintenance records.
- Provide documentation issuance or updates to the official design files in Projectwise and coordinating with others to have files published as official records. Receive redline drawings from Critical Facilities Personnel, Facilities Engineering, Contract Engineering Firms, and other critical facilities staff and incorporate them into Projectwise.
- Research information, summarizes, tabulates, and compile technical data as requested by project engineers or facilities operation specialists
- Assist Program Manager on field trips as needed. Limited travel will be required.
- Produce plots from Microstation at requested size and scale.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree or higher college degree in a technical CAD training program or a related technical discipline is preferred. Or Additional technical training in the electrical or mechanical field
- Minimum Experience Requirements: This is a Level 3 Position - 7 - 9 years previous directly-related experience is required in Electrical or Mechanical CAD support in a Data Center or facilities environment is high desirable, or must demonstrate knowledge of Critical and Non-Critical electrical and mechanical distribution systems.
General Skills Requirements :
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Proficient in the use of CAD software (Microstation or equivalent) and drawing management software using Projectwise is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with related technical CAD drafting and information including architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems as they apply to facilities.
- Must be able to acquire and retain Access Permit (see below)
- Familiarity with facilities electrical and mechanical documentation, that include: system one line diagram, equipment layouts, panel schedules, control schematics and wiring diagrams related to critical and non-critical system components.
- Travel to field locations up to 5%
- Possess a Valid State Driver’s License
- Position requires work in and around energized facilities (Access Permit required).
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of a Supplemental Labor Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- Continued success in position will require satisfactory completion of internal BPA OJT, including but not limited to:
- Personal Protection Equipment is required:
- White Hard Hat
- Valid Driver License
- ASTM F2413-05, Class 75EH rated footwear with over the ankle lace up and rigid sole and heel.
David Evans & Associates - 12 months ago