Colorado, California, Tennessee
Publish Start Date
Apr 3 2013
Previous Job | Next Job
Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineering services helping utilities; industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems . ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking experienced CAD Operator to support our expanding offerings in one of the following areas: Denver CO, Nashville TN, or Los Angeles CA. Candidates must already live within 50 miles of one of these areas to be considered for this position.
This is the intermediate level for an engineering drafter with sufficient experience to handle most assignments. Perform draft activities of moderate complexity and variety with clear and specific objectives. Work requires application of standard or emerging techniques using electronic design systems (CADD) or manual drafting practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Creation of AutoCAD and MicroStation drawings based on power system study output, field notes and mark-ups.
· Work with Field Engineer and Power Systems Engineer to create AutoCAD and MicroStation electrical single line drawings.
· Data input using SKM Power Tools
· File and archive management
· Some travel required
· Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
· Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
· Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
Education and/or Experience:
· A combination of education and experience equivalent to a two-year technical degree and three years of related job experience, including a minimum of two years experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation.
· Good planning, organizing, documenting, and communication skills.
· Team oriented.
· Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for extended out-of-town stays and international travel of up to several weeks.
· Valid Driver’s License.
Additional Company Information
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for personal and professional growth. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com for Company information.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson Network Power is an equal opportunity employer. It will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Emerson Network Power is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website Information
Click here to apply online
Email these job details to a friend
Back to search results
Emerson Network Power - 16 months ago
Liebert keeps its cool in the face of a power meltdown. The company designs, makes and markets surge suppressors, uninterruptable power...