Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
Responsible for preparing and revising sketches, charts, maps and plan drawings of FM Global insured locations through the proper utilization of engineering plan services production systems to assist engineers working with customers to understand the hazard.
- Responsibilities include pulling information from blueprints, production drafting, architectural and no design work.
- Electronic preparation of large report sketches, data plans, survey plans and special requests using computer aided drafting equipment.
- Interpretation of large drawings and submitted data into completed Insurance Plan Drawings.
- Work closely with Surveyors and global team members to complete drawing projects of all sizes and levels of complexity.
- Accurate entry of plan information through the proper selection of object names, scale and drafting symbols.
- Prompt revision of pre-existing computerized plan drawings.
Qualifications - External:
- Associate Degree / Diploma / Certificate in CAD/GIS Engineering
- 1 year in a production environment or related work setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, operational knowledge of standard tools such as PC's, scanners, plotters, printers and e-mail.
- Technical systems proficiency encompassing CAD GIS, imaging, document management, and/or programming languages.
- Ability to work independently or in concert with others dependant on project requirements.
FM Global - 23 months ago
If you're looking to protect your corporation, turn your insurance dial to FM Global. Factory Mutual Insurance (operating as FM Global)...