GDS Associates, Inc. is a nationwide multi-service engineering and consulting firm specializing in the energy utilities industry. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a
in the Hi-Line Engineering group located in Marietta, GA. This position will require the successful candidate to be able to draft design drawings and sketches, plot maps and drawings, and draft utility maps.
Hi-Line Engineering offers planning, mapping, and design services to the electric utility industry throughout the United States. We provide high-quality, personal service to rural electric cooperatives, investor-owned utilities, municipals, and the U.S. military. We specialize in providing safe, reliable, and efficient planning and design services for electric utilities in all types of terrain and in all three NESC loading districts.
GDS provides creative solutions to challenges arising from deregulation and increased competition in the electric and natural gas utility industry. Today's utility industry is experiencing rapid changes brought about by deregulation, mandated transmission access and increased competition. Since its inception in 1986, GDS has built a national reputation by helping clients anticipate and successfully meet challenges resulting from change in the utility industry. Our success has grown from a strong commitment to client service, backed by comprehensive utility industry expertise, and state-of-the-art computer and information resources.
We are committed to environmental stewardship and maintain up-to-date information and expert knowledge of traditional and evolving distributed generation and renewable resource technology, economics, utilization options, and operating characteristics.
GDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Experience and Skills:
- Technical drafting degree with minimum of two (2) years experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- MUST have experience mapping of utility systems (electric, water, and/or wastewater) using AutoCAD, ESRI, and/or Microstation
- Familiar with construction drawings and permit drawings
- Ability to read maps and translate scales between maps and drawings
- Knowledge of electric power and/or water systems a plus
- Must possess valid drivers license and drive own vehicle to project sites when needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs several miles outside.
- Ability to cut right-of-way and drive surveying stakes.
Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings:
Years of Experience:
2 - 5 Years
Level of Education:
Starting Date :