Pharmavite is a leading and growing US manufacturer, marketer, and retailer of quality vitamins, mineral and herbal supplements both domestically and internationally with a strong portfolio of brands such as
. With over 35 years as a major force in the nutritional supplement business, Pharmavite was built on the premise of producing the highest quality nutritional products in the country and operates one of the most sophisticated, state-of-the art research and development facilities in the industry.
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage. In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union membership, substantial discounts on our products, and 11 paid holidays per year.
We currently are seeking a talented
. This key position will be based in our operation facilities in San Fernando, CA (So. CA).
CAD Operator provides administrative oversight of the Engineering department electronic drawing files. This includes creation of new drawings, revisions to existing drawings, incorporation of "red line" changes to project drawings, and management of the drawing files; both electronic and hard copies. This position coordinates and manages drawing conventions and standards as they relate to all capital projects.
- Develop and maintain Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) standards and conventions for the site.
- Provide CAD drawing support as needed to the Engineering teams to include developing new drawings, correcting existing drawings, incorporating "red line" changes to existing drawings, and preparing copies of drawings of requested in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure that current version of Autocad 2012 and Autocad LT 2010 are properly maintained. Upgrade system software as needed to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Represent the Engineering organization in communicating the status of all CAD drawing issues to staff, management, and stakeholders.
- Ensure CAD drawing expectations are developed and communicated for each project to project engineers, team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and maintain a drawing management and change control process for managing revisions to drawings through the various phases of a capital project.
- Ensure that all capital projects team members including contractors, are trained on the drawing management and change control process.
- Audit new and current projects as necessary for compliance to the drawing management and change control process. Report status of project compliance to Engineering management.
- Provide assistance to Engineering staff for updating, correcting, and revising all current drawings to reflect "As-built" conditions.
- Ensure that the most current "As-Built" drawings are maintained in a control electronic directory and that hard copies are provided in the Master Files storage repository. Ensure that updated backup electronic copies are properly maintained and warehoused in a secure location that can easily be retrieved.
- Ensure that all drawing changes and drawing requests are completed in an accurate and timely manner and adhere to accepted practices and standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned related to drawing management.
Requires a two year community college, technical college, or university associate degree in Engineering CAD, or its equivalent.
No licenses or certifications are required. PMO certification, Professional Engineering License, or other related certification is a plus.
- Requires a minimum of three years industry experience (preferably in process manufacturing, pharmaceutical, nutritional, food or other consumer goods) in a project drawing management or CAD operator role.
- Proven track record in successfully completing requested tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proven track record in managing multiple CAD project tasks simultaneously.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Autocad 2010, and Autocad LT 2010 or more current versions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of acceptable drawing standards and conventions.
- Basic knowledge of capital project management procedures.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Lotus Notes.
- Results oriented and able to effectively organize and develop plans; prioritize and execute actions.
- Proficient technical, analytical, statistical and organization skills as they relate to Computer Aided Drawing.
- Ability to translate scaled measurements and photographs to CAD drawings.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High energy level
- Must be a Self-starter, effective independent contributor, and work well in teams.
Work is performed in both the manufacturing and office environment which requires the ability to sit for long periods of time and to move freely through the manufacturing and warehousing areas.
Must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices without endangering the health or safety of self or others.