CAD Support Specialist
Seeking a CAD Support Specialist representing an action-oriented individual who enjoys working with customers, fielding computing support requests, and responding with solutions using Microsoft-based tools.
- Addressing internal customer issues involving usage of applications such as AutoCAD, Microstation, Bentley System's AutoPLANT/ProjectWise, Intergraph's Plant Design System ("PDS"), and Microsoft SharePoint. Typical scenarios include fielding support incidents and requests for business process automation. Responses include training, debugging, and design using primarily out-of-the-box features. Note difficult to resolve issues or complex customer requirements are escalated to colleagues for resolution or custom solution generation.
- Packaging and rolling out new versions of tools or patches to existing versions.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Preferred candidate possesses work experience and/or an academic background featuring solid computer skills and a desire to provide high-quality, responsive customer service.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Engineering related field
- Because the team's environment is centered on Microsoft technology, preferred candidates have experience using applications such as:
- Microsoft Office applications such as InfoPath, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
- Microsoft SharePoint, Project Server
- In addition to Microsoft technology, CAD applications such as AutoCAD, AutoPLANT, ProjectWise, PDS, and SolidWorks
- In addition to academic qualifications mentioned above, successful candidates hold or are willing to work towards Microsoft certifications related to the applications listed above.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work with customers, listen to their needs, and work collaboratively with colleagues to satisfy customers.
- Multi-tasking, organizing, and setting priorities are important skills.
- Successful candidates will enjoy blending working in a team environment with customer interaction including training and support roles.
- The position may require occasional domestic and international travel of up to 10% to support product roll-out and user training and/or development opportunities such as software conference attendance.
- Candidates with entry-level and significant industry experience will be considered. The degree of supervision correlates with industry experience.
Number of Openings
Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial gas...