CAD Support Specialist
Seeking a CAD Support Specialist representing an action-oriented individual who enjoys working with customers, fielding computing support requests, and responding with solutions using Microsoft-based tools.
- Addressing internal customer issues involving usage of applications such as AutoCAD, Microstation, Bentley System's AutoPLANT/ProjectWise, Intergraph's Plant Design System ("PDS"), and Microsoft SharePoint. Typical scenarios include fielding support incidents and requests for business process automation. Responses include training, debugging, and design using primarily out-of-the-box features. Note difficult to resolve issues or complex customer requirements are escalated to colleagues for resolution or custom solution generation.
- Packaging and rolling out new versions of tools or patches to existing versions.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Preferred candidate possesses work experience and/or an academic background featuring solid computer skills and a desire to provide high-quality, responsive customer service.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Engineering related field
- Because the team's environment is centered on Microsoft technology, preferred candidates have experience using applications such as:
- Microsoft Office applications such as InfoPath, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
- Microsoft SharePoint, Project Server
- In addition to Microsoft technology, CAD applications such as AutoCAD, AutoPLANT, ProjectWise, PDS, and SolidWorks
- In addition to academic qualifications mentioned above, successful candidates hold or are willing to work towards Microsoft certifications related to the applications listed above.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work with customers, listen to their needs, and work collaboratively with colleagues to satisfy customers.
- Multi-tasking, organizing, and setting priorities are important skills.
- Successful candidates will enjoy blending working in a team environment with customer interaction including training and support roles.
- The position may require occasional domestic and international travel of up to 10% to support product roll-out and user training and/or development opportunities such as software conference attendance.
- Candidates with entry-level and significant industry experience will be considered. The degree of supervision correlates with industry experience.
Number of Openings
Praxair - 16 months ago
Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial gas...