Shrader Engineering is seeking experienced CAD Technicians (entry level and advanced level) looking for a long term opportunity. This challenging position involves working as part of a highly specialized engineering team focused on projects for local and state government facilities incuding water/wastewater facilities, marine terminals, rapid transit and mission critical facilities, as well as privately owned technology and industrial facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include working closely with engineers and designers in the development of construction documents. The CAD technician will utilize CAD software applications such as AutoCAD on a daily basis in completing drawings to meet project deadlines. By applying company based standards, the CAD technician will complete drafting projects, such as the preparation of various drawings derived from redlined layouts and sketches. The CAD technician will work under the technical guidance of engineers and designers to develop the skills necessary to actively assist in the design process. Ultimately, the CAD technician will develop the skills to advance to designer positions within the firm.
- CAD Technology Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 6 years experience as a CAD Technician in the engineering industry
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2010 and Microsoft Office software
- Microstation software training and experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- IT systems training and certificate a plus
- Ability to work closely with others in team environment
- Solid verbal communication skills
Shrader Engineering offers competitive salary, competitive benefits package, and modern office facilities. The firm has an excellent 401(k) retirement plan, performance bonus plan, healthcare plan, wellness program (LifeTime Athletic Facility membership), continued education and other generous benefits. The firm takes great pride in an outstanding working environment with opportunity for growth.
Shrader Engineering - 2 years ago