Job ID: 2013-9557
Area of Interest: EN - Information Management and Graphics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): ..
Posted Date: 6/17/2013
Experience (Years): ..
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
For more information, visit golder.com.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a CAD Technician for the Manchester, New Hampshire office. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of AutoCAD and GIS work in support of environmental and engineering consulting projects. More specifically, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing CAD drafting and design drawings within the following disciplines: hydrogeology and environmental science, landfill design and remediation, and geotechnical and civil design. Candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, as the work will include design using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, with an emphasis on using the most modern and efficient AutoCAD tools. Candidate should also have practical knowledge and experience with ArcGIS suite of mapping tools.
Candidate will work directly with the Senior Data Manager and project managers on a daily basis. The candidate must have the ability to produce plan sets containing standard drawings and details in accordance with company standards. The candidate will be expected to perform design functions including, but not limited to: site layout; surface generation and manipulation; volumetric calculations; and as-built survey evaluation. The candidate must demonstrate ability to: manage production of multiple drawings and multiple projects at the same time; work with a project team to create high-level design packages; and manage time efficiently, including clear communication, planning, organizing, and prioritizing to meet deadlines.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 2 years (minimum) experience with AutoCAD production
- Diploma, Certificate or Degree from an accredited College or University (Construction Management, Applied Sciences, Graphics Art/Design, CAD/Engineering Technology, etc.), or equivalent
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 with an emphasis in civil design and environmental science projects
- Proficient or practical knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS suite of mapping tools, including, but not limited to: ArcGIS 10.x, Spatial Analyst, and 3D Analyst Extensions
- Practical knowledge in an efficient production environment of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel and Access
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organized and detail-oriented
- Good problem solving and the ability to identify alternative solutions
- Strong sense and commitment to CAD standards and procedures
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced consulting environment on a variety of projects, and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Comfortable with managing a daily work flow that includes completing multiple CAD and GIS tasks for multiple projects in a timely manner
The preferred candidate may also possess some or all of the following skills:
- Geo-environmental data management
- Microstation CAD platform
Golder Associates Ltd. - 14 months ago