CAD Technician-Lakewood, CO
The CAD Technician is a developmental position working under minimal supervision to support a project team by drafting detailed drawings, conducting research and preparing final documents for various projects. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency within the following:
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Serve as a resource to the design staff on matters concerning drafting practices and procedures. .
- Enter, access, retrieve, analyze and revise data as directed based on Atwell standard procedures. Manage the responsibilities incorporated with preliminary and final drawings, excel spreadsheets, and research documents.
- Utilize AutoCAD and related engineering software packages to complete assignments such as preparing topographic surveys, preliminary site layout plans, and preliminary concept plans on time and within prescribed standards as outlined in the Atwell Product Quality Manual and CAD Standards Manual.
- Organize base drawing files utilizing AutoCAD and related software packages such as the latest in-house version of AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, and Civil 3-D.
- Produce detailed and finished drawings by making revisions from senior project team member’s comments and plans.
- Produce various drawings specific to the project.
- Prepare construction documents for submittal to clients, municipalities, agencies and others as directed. This includes stamping with appropriate seal as approved by the Project Manager and Obtain appropriate signature.
- Communicate with team members, Project Manager and Team Leader on workload status in order to meet designated chargeability goals.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD Civil 3-D
- Workload management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Illustrate initiative and resourcefulness
- Adherence to Atwell Product Quality Standards
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of basic geometry and trigonometry
- Basic knowledge of land survey and civil engineering terms and practices
- Demonstrate proficiency with the latest AutoCAD software and procedures utilizing your background of an Associates or BS degree in AutoCAD (or related field or equivalent experience) and two (2) plus years of experience.
- Demonstrate an intermediate understanding and application of the following technical skills:
oAutoCAD Civil 3-D
oConstruction Cost Estimating
oLand Development Desktop
oMS Excel, Word, and Outlook
oPlan Interpretation, Presentation, and Clarity
oCivil Construction Document Preparation
PERSONALITY & CULTURAL FIT
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in new applications
- Independent Yet Collaborative
- Creative Problem Solver
- Natural Communicator
- Results Oriented