DMS International is a Consulting, Information Technology and Training Company headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland. At DMS our quality policy is to be among the 'best in class' providers of management and information technology consulting services in partnership with our customers.
DMS recruits candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect the DMS Core Values of:
* Quality in Delivering Solutions
* Integrity in Conduct
* Responsiveness to our Customer’s Mission
We are currently searching for a CADD Engineer to support our client, the Department of State. The qualified candidate will participate in Technical Security Upgrade (TSU) projects for the Project Management and Engineering (PME) Branch, worldwide, some locations may me in high threat areas. Department of State experience is highly desirable, but not mandatory.
The qualified candidate will utilize Controlled Documentation and Knowledge of Department of State Standards and Application Guides, International Building Codes and National Electrical Codes (NEC) to complete site surveys at overseas locations.
The purpose of the project is to develop TSU designs to include Site and Floor Plans, Riser Diagrams, Bill of Materials, Power/Signal Runs, Schedules and Details, and Device Schematics.
Systems will involve Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Automated Access Control Systems (AACS), and Power Systems.
Scope of Work:
Perform routine work within technical or paraprofessional area. Identify problems as they occur and suggest appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is within your skill level.
- Assist in routine drawings to suit engineering changes
- Provide assistance in creating routine design layouts and detailed drawings of products
- Assist in compiling materials and specification sheets
- Assist with dimensions and annotate routine drawings
- Provide status updates to CAD manager
Seek advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor.
- Ability to convert hand sketches into electronic format utilizing AutoCAD software
- Proficient skills to compile electronic drawing libraries for repetitive tasks
- TSU and Lock and Leave support to Project Management and Engineering departments
- Adhere to CADD standards and processes developed within the Branch
Associate's degree or vocational technical training
CADD Certification or proof of CADD Training
Must demonstrate a basic knowledge of/ and have 3-5 years of experience utilizing AutoCAD software experience; A&E experience a plus
Security Clearance and Travel:
Must be US citizen and possess a minimum of a Secret Level Clearance and able to obtain Top Secret Level
Up to 25% international travel and in some instances to high threat environments
DMS International - 20 months ago