David Evans and Associates is currently seeking a CAD Technician to join our onsite project team located in Vancouver, WA. The CAD Technician will work interactively with other staff within the Substation Design Engineering (TESD) organization, specifically, electrical engineers & electrical engineering technicians. Substation Design is responsible for supporting the design of the outdoor portion of BPA’s power substations and electrical facilities and the coordination of specifications and ordering of materials for construction of these facilities. Thisposition will also work interactively with other BPA Transmission engineering disciplines such as civil, structural, facilities and environmental.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Use Microstation CAD software and other software to prepare project designs, sketches, final working drawings and contract documents related to construction design packages
- Use ProjectWise software to access and store project documentation.
- Travel to field locations/escorted trips to substations to gather information on existing infrastructure to aid in the creation of project documentation.
- Interpret and apply BPA CAD standards into design packages under the guidance of electrical engineers and/or technicians
- Produce electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Produce physical substation layout drawings
- Develop Bills of Materials, using preformatted Word documents
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts
- Examine electronic schematics and supporting documents to develop, compute, and verify specifications for drafting data, such as configuration of parts, dimensions, and tolerances
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree or higher college degree in a technical CAD training program or a related technical discipline is preferred,
- Additional technical training/experience in the electrical field or substation design is highly desirable.
- 4-6 years of CAD Drafting experience is required
- Intermediate to Expert proficiency in the use of CAD software (Microstation or equivalent) and drawing management software using Projectwise is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, prints, drawings and models is highly desirable.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings is desired.
- Familiarity with related technical CAD drafting and information including architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems as they apply to substation design
- Requires attention to detail and being thorough in completing work tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with team members.
- Ability to become familiar with and follow the safety practices of the BPA
Qualified candidates please apply directly to our website at www.deainc.com
- Up to 5% travel to field locations is anticipated
- Valid State Drivers License is required
- This position is not eligible for offsite work
- Position requires work in and around energized facilities; must acquire and retain the appropriate level BPA Access Permit (see Page 3
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required for all field travel:
- White Hard Hat
- ASTM F2413-11, Class 75 EH rated footwear with over the ankle lace up and rigid sole and heel.
- Performance Expectations :
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Meet deadlines and actively learn new skills and apply them to current and future workload as appropriate
- Understand and follow established processes and procedures including, but not limited to: BPA design procedures, drawing and record document standards.
DEA is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
David Evans & Associates - 15 months ago