David Evans and Associates is currently seeking a CAD Technician to join our on-site project team located in Vancouver, WA. This position will provide the role of a CAD operator and work with other personnel within the TECC Organization at Bonneville Power Administration in the Record Revision Group. The contract worker will provide technical support to TECC personnel and communicate engineering projects results. This position will be expected to deliver design packages consisting of original drawings that meet the subject organization’s standards.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide quality design, layout, and production of engineering, civil, mechanical, electrical, electronic, and fiber optic drawings.
- Perform necessary research utilizing existing drawings including that of facility, standards, plan, profile, hardware, civil, and survey drawings.
- Assist in pre-engineering calculations and research, in order to control product reliability and accuracy for engineering, technical, and commercial applications.
- Perform duties essential to the preparation of engineering design drawings for Civil, Line Design, Substation Design, Telecommunication Design, Fiber Optic Design, including details, assemblies, installations, minor layouts, and parts lists.
- Organize and analyze drawings prior to setup and discuss project complexity and time estimates with technical and managerial personnel.
- Perform assignments requiring expertise in computer-aided drafting using MicroStation CAD Software, including 3D.
- Perform sub-system user file management within CAD systems, such as plotting, printing, storage and retrieving and returning drawings from ProjectWise.
- Complete special projects such as various installation diagrams, structure modifications, design drawings, standard hardware details and others as required.
- Assist with various administrative duties, such as engineering record maintenance which includes keeping switching files updated, obtaining new drawing numbers, inputting drawing information into the organization’s CAD database at the various stages of the CAD process, and completing necessary forms to submit final drawings to central records.
- Check all CAD and manually drafted drawings and other documents for drafting accuracy and completeness; making necessary corrections before review by engineers and technicians.
- Create designs from engineers’ idea notes and rough sketches through use of electronic files, drawing stick files, and central records vault.
- Maintain a thorough familiarity with industry and BPA standards as needed.
- Maintain CAD Templates, including the Template database and the associated SharePoint site
- Associate Degree, CAD and Drafting Technologies preferred
- 1 – 3 years experience required
- Requires experience with AutoCAD or Microstation, Microstation preferred
- Knowledge with ProjectWise software is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, including Microsoft Office 2010 (required).
General Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science & technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to read, listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences or in writing.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
BPA Provided Training
Qualified candidates please apply directly to our website at www.deainc.com or send a resume to Shannon Dubois at firstname.lastname@example.org