The CAD Technician develops computer aided design (CAD) products such as drawings, sketches, diagrams, and 3-D models using AutoCAD
. Types of drawings include structural, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and others. Occasional rig visits in the shipyard and offshore environments may be required. Other tasks include printing, scanning, copying and electronic filing of drawings and related documents. This position is directly supervised by the Manager-Technical Documents but works closely with discipline Engineers, Engineering Managers and other Engineering staff.
Experience, Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
· Minimum of three years experience in a similar engineering support role performing design and layout work using AutoCAD.
· Extensive knowledge of structural and mechanical drafting and CAD skills (such as dimensioning, view setups, ex-refs, etc)
· Accredited Trade School graduate (Certificate in AutoCAD) or Associate's degree from accredited college or university in electronic drafting
Familiarity with offshore drilling rigs and related equipment is preferred.
Associate's degree (in Engineering/Science discipline) preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Accountable for providing CAD support for the corporate engineering staff in the design and modification of drilling rigs and related equipment.
· Creates and maintains concise, clear, and accurate drawings of rigs and related systems.
· Works closely with engineering and other technical staff to develop and maintain accurate drawings and provide related support as directed.
· Makes rig visits to create As Built drawings and update existing drawings.
Minimum Requirements for this position
· Skilled in the use of CAD software and equipment.
· Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
· Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology.
· Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy.
· Basic understanding of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
· Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter and to move around the rig (ability to climb stairs and ladders).
· Working knowledge of electronic document control systems and databases.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Ensco International - 14 months ago
ENSCO, Inc. provides engineering, science and advanced technology solutions for the defense, security, transportation, environment,...