Henkels & McCoy, Inc., one of the largest privately held international utility contracting firms, with offices in 80 cities and celebrating 85 years of operating with a reputation as one of the most reliable and innovative firms in engineering and construction, is currently seeking a CAD Technician for its Kapolei , Hawaii office. The CAD Technician is an engineering professional with knowledge of Utility and or Communication systems, and is capable of performing records verification, document preparation, drafting drawing using CAD software, data entry, development of work order construction prints & records posting, simple cable count re-arrangements, joint pole work, field reconnaissance, and routine work order function.
Major Job Elements
- Draft Designer and Engineering redlines to digital format
- Communicate with Designers and Engineers
- Proficiently and efficiently operate CAD software
- Act safely while working in active construction yard
- Initiate Wind Loading and Pole Loading forms.
- Coordinate access to professional/private facilities (e.g., schools, hospitals, military bases, ect.) when applicable.
- Read basic plans
- High attention to detail
- Initiative to self learn design and engineering methods
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Operate Microsoft Office software
- Learn non industry standard drafting and mapping software
- Time management; prioritizing work and documenting tasks
- Field audits of maintenance holes, hand holes and pull boxes identifying cables, conduits and wall to wall footages.
- Posting maps, records, and work orders into GCOMM and AAIS Program
- Keeping a clean and organized work station both physically and virtually
- Punctual for daily start time and meetings
- High School Education and/or Trade School Education required
- At least two years of experience with Computer Aided Design Software required
- At least one year of experience with Microsoft Office required
- Requires the ability to work in a team environment
- Requires strong time management of work activities
- Willing to travel required
- Willing to work overtime, including weekends when necessary required
- Experience in the Telecommunications or Utilities industries a plus
- Experience working with Bentley Microstation IDDS or GComm and AAIS desired
- Experience with CADTel software desired
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD desired
- Experience posting and unicoding, creating work prints in Microstation IDDS or GComm desired
- Experience with Hawaiian Telephone, Hawaiian Electric, Verizon, and or GTE experience desired
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications,...