Under general supervision of the Group Leader, the CAD Technician prepares layouts and component drawings and designs according to engineering specifications.
- Prepare drawings using Solid Edge CAD software.
- Assign drawing numbers using DIANA.
- Analyze design and confer with engineering to resolve details not completely defined.
- Use ADC to search for existing design layouts.
- Display final drawing on screen to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawing.
- Perform routine calculations and prepare bills of material using data furnished by engineering.
- Make seal recommendations with hardware selection.
- Inspect incoming parts to verify critical dimensions match component drawings, as required.
- Use DM-Desktop to check drawing in and out of the system.
- Distribute final drawings to Sales Rep., Customer Service and/or customer.
- May be required to move, raise and lower material weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon individual branch requirements.
MINIMUM REQURIEMENTS FOR ENTRY:
Position requires Associates Degree or equivalent in computer aided drafting or equivalent experience, plus some technical knowledge of drafting. Successful candidate must also have a working knowledge of the Windows® computer operating environment and the MS Office software suite.
John Crane - 16 months ago