Under general supervision the CAD Technician prepares layouts and component drawings and designs according to engineering specifications.
- Assign drawing and ECN #’s using DIANA.
- Analyze design and confer with engineering to resolve details not completely defined.
- Use CSM to search for existing parts and EBOM’s.
- Display final drawing on screen to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawing.
- Perform routine calculations and prepares bills of materials using data furnished by engineering.
- Make seal recommendations with hardware selection.
- Inspect incoming parts to verify critical dimensions match component drawings, as required.
- Use DM-Desktop to check drawing in and out of the system.
- Distribute final drawings to Sales Rep., inside sales and/or customer.
- May be required to move, raise and lower material weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon individual branch requirements.
MINIMUM REQURIEMENTS FOR ENTRY:
Associates Degree in CAD or equivalent plus some technical knowledge of drafting. Must have one to two years computer-assisted equipment experience and Windows. Must be detail oriented.
“It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.”