Jorgensen Forge is seeking an experienced CAD technician to support its planning, quality assurance, shipping and maintenance /engineering functions. The CAD Technician will organize, maintain and control drawings and drawing files, and will generate and develop new drawings or make authorized changes to existing drawings from information obtained through studying work instructions, job orders, sketches, customer requirements or management instruction. Will work with others to help determine whether drawings can be executed efficiently and within expected tolerances, or whether changes are necessary, and may also help prepare bills of material and product specifications from drawings.
This will be a new position at JFC, and the incumbent will help plan and develop the CAD function and how it will operate, under the general direction of the Director, Quality Assurance. As such, the following experience and qualifications are sought:
· Completion of or certification in a formal drafting program
· At least 2 years of experience as a CAD Drafter
· Experience in the metals industry, or in heavy industry in general, is a plus
· Must have a history of working well with teams and individuals, strong written and oral communication skills and excellent attendance
· Must possess a high level of initiative and strong skills in process improvement.
· Computer skills with MS Office required. Work with an enterprise system such as Finesse strongly preferred.
Women and minorities encouraged to apply EOE
Jorgensen Forge Corporation - 21 months ago