Lake Superior Consulting, LLC is a growing team of Engineers, Technicians & Support Specialists committed to providing a premier level of service to our customers in the pipeline industry. We provide many services to the pipeline industries including, but not limited to: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
We are seeking entry-level CAD Technicians to join our growing team in Omaha, NE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of drafting tasks
- Prepare plans, layouts, assembly drawings, detail drawings and sketches as directed by engineers
- Be responsible for the knowledge of building codes, federal transportation regulations, development of details and the organization of construction documents
- Revise existing drawings as required and correct "As Built" drawings
- Conceptualize, design and communicate successfully in CAD using current industry standards
- Experience with Civil 3D is a plus.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate design and drawing archives and revision history
- Be able to communicate effectively while working in a team environment
- A.A.S. Degree in Mechanical/Civil Drafting or equivalent
- Oil/gas industry experience a plus
- Have a full understanding of 2D and 3D CAD software, preferably AutoDesk products, AutoCAD and/or Land Desktop 2008 or greater
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and have some database knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good mathematical background to handle common calculations
- Willing to learn new skills and work as a team to meet deadlines
- Have a strong desire to succeed!
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K/Profit Sharing
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (nine per year)