Title CAD Operator (full-time, hourly)
Reports To Planning Manager
Breaks-down coordinated drawings to create pre-fabrication drawings that allow Fab Shop to build assemblies. For instances, the Drafter/Spooler will be instructed to isolate the cold water system on third floor, label assemblies using CADPIPE, then print
for review and approval.
• 1-2 years of AutoCAD experience in a mechanical contracting environment with STRONG PERFERENCE for candidates with 2-3 years of field construction experience (preferably working with/for a mechanical or MEP contractor). NOTE: Field construction
experience may be substituted for AutoCAD experience.
• Strong arithmetic skills.
• Prefer basic knowledge of Plumbing and Mechanical code/requirements.
• Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
• Strong customer service skills: must be able to work effectively and professionally with internal customers.
• Satisfactory pre-employment drug/alcohol test, background check.
• Able to maintain confidential information. NOTE: Confidentiality agreement may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Generate specified drawings for pre-fabrication assemblies Auto CAD2011 and CADPIPE software systems.
• Store all in-progress and complete drawings on the network.
• Maintain schedule as provided by the Planning Manager
• Perform other tasks and duties as directed.
Incumbent will be accountable for professional and timely internal communication, as well as accurate and timely completion of drawings and other tasks as assigned.
Under direct supervision of Planning Manager, produces drawings as indicated. May make recommendations for basic changes and/or corrections to Planning Manager.