TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time CAD Technician to join the Salt Lake City team.
A qualified cadidate will prepare clear, complete and accurate working plans. This person will create detailed drawings from rough, detailed sketches or notes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
- Draws charts for representation of statistical data.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Assists other CAD Drafter/Designers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Applies state, local or private CAD standards to project setup and drawings.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of Microstation CAD experience required.
- Experience with Inroads preferred .
- Experience with GIS is preferred.
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
TransCore - 13 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...