Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares two and three dimensional drawings by studying engineering sketches, specifications, and supporting documents; developing a layout of the product, components, and parts; drawing multiple views of the product, components, and parts; depicting relationship of components and parts; identifying dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, and materials using in-house documented procedures and common mechanical drafting standards.
• Identifies and verifies specifications by examining engineering documents; performing calculations.
• Generate drawing bills of materials.
• Reviews and maintains current knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities so that components and assemblies are manufactured within company capabilities.
• Confers with quality control, manufacturing, and other department personnel to provide technical support when required.
• Interprets engineering drawings and facilitates correction of errors on drawings and documents identified during manufacturing operations using in-house documented procedures and common mechanical drafting standards.
• Consults with product engineers, liaison engineers, and R & D personnel to obtain specialized information.
• Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information as required.
• Maintains records of information to ensure engineering drawings and documents are current and that engineering-related production problems and resolutions are documented.
• Participates in initial conceptual design reviews and brainstorming sessions when required.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Reviews and checks peer engineering drawings for completeness, accuracy, and soundness.
• Provides project status reports to the liaison engineers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• 1 to 2 Years Experience in:
o 3D Modeling
o Bill of Materials / MRP
B. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Tools.
• Microsoft Office 2007(or later); AutoCAD and Visio
• Proven ability to lead teams and bring results through others
• Machining, Welding, Fabrication or knowledge of truck industry experience a plus
• Must possess technical, problem solving, and analytic skills with ability to think strategically.
• Must be teamwork oriented.
• Must possess an attitude of safety in all aspects of the job
Wastequip - 15 months ago