CAD Technicians in Orange, L.A. County, CA
Team Fishel, the Best Choice Employer in the utility construction and network installation business, is hiring CAD Technicians in its Santa Ana, Califonia division. Under general supervision, this position creates construction drawings for utility installations.
Team Fishel is about strong values and a commitment to providing our Customers with Service Excellence. Increasing productivity, being Accident Free and developing our Teammates is our Fishelosophy.
Team Fishel offers career advancement, competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including health & life insurance, 401(k) and a profit sharing plan.
- Reading underground utility plans and/or road plans.
- Creating plan and profile drawings.
- Create plans using contour data, surfaces and alignments in a Civil 3D environment.
- preparing drawings for construction of new, and removal or rearrangement of existing fiber optic cables, and conduits to obtain optimum and economical utilization of communications facilities
- Possible field work collecting utility data.
- Further duties will include but are not limited to: redlines, bore design, CAD, and make-ready analysis, field notes, pole survey, sonde conduit, locating, QC prints, butterfly drawings, and preparation of prints.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Civil 3D 2010 or higher knowledge is a must.
- Must have knowledge of aerial, buried, underground and building entrance design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to track, prioritizes, and completes multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with others in a Team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of accepted telecommunication engineering practices.
- Thorough knowledge of aerial and buried cable placement and splicing methods, copper and fiber.
- Ability to travel locally, and overnight from time to time.
Desired, Not Required:
- Knowledge of field data collection related to utilities.
- Familiar with importing survey data into Civil 3D.
- Requesting/Researching utility information.
- Maintenance of Transportation knowledge.
- Familiarity with AT&T Engineering and Construction Practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and other telecommunication software.
- Knowledge of bidding and job costing procedures.
- Familiarity with Utility Telecom Provider Engineering and Construction Practices.
Prior construction experience is a plus
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training in all areas of safety, including flagging certification, tool operation and maintenance.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.teamfishel.com for immediate consideration, or apply at our office at:
647 Young Street Santa Ana, California 92705
« Return to list
share on twitter
Team Fishel - 15 months ago
The Fishel Company reels in revenue by laying out lines. The company (also known as Team Fishel) provides consulting, engineering,...