As a member of this team you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
*Preparing near complete sets of 2D engineering and construction drawings which may include multiple views (sections, plans, pictorial representations etc.), detail drawings, general arrangement/layout drawings and assembly drawings of equipment, facilities, or systems where minimal information is provided by rough sketches and/or verbal outlines of requirements.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Link Drawing Information to Tables and External Files.
• Link Images in CADD Drawings (BMP, JPG, PDF, GIF).
• Customize the User Interface.
• Verify compliance with CADD graphic standards using available standards checking tools.
• Create a plot set from project drawings, using publishing and/or sheet set techniques.
• Convert drawings between imperial and metric units using CADD system variables/workspace variables.
• Load and utilize Lisp and/or MDL applications.
• Import/export standard CADD interchange formats such as DGN, DWF, and PDF etc.
• Save files between different file versions and be able to verify drawing fidelity.
• Demonstrate manipulating the UCS (User Coordinate System) in 3D space.
• Use different 3D representations such as shading, conceptual etc.
• Install and utilize “object enablers” to properly display objects from other CADD applications and adjust the settings effectively to produce the desired results as needed.
• Export 3D geometry for use by subcontractors and outside agencies.
• Assist in the production of producing 2D sheets (plans, sections and details) from 3D/4D multi-discipline models under close supervision from senior 3D Modeling staff (Transitional 2D techniques).
•Performs related CADD/technical support tasks such as plotting drawings, preparing transmittals, preparing overnight packages, updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, etc.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
*High School diploma with vocational training in CADD drafting technology and/or 3D drafting technology and 5 years' related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). Or 2 year degree in drafting/design technology and/or graphic multimedia 3D model design and 2 years' related experience. Or 4 year degree in drafting/design technology and/or graphic multimedia 3D model design and 1 year of related experience.
*Experience with Civil 3D required.
CDM Smith - 9 months ago