Parsons Brinckerhoff , an international engineering design consulting firm providing multidisciplinary services, has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Designer/CADD Manager in its Austin, Texas office with a minimum of 15 years of experience in the design and delivery of highway projects. This position requires strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will provide competency in computer assisted design and drafting to support the development of preliminary and final phases of highway, roadway, and potentially rail engineering projects. Maintaining coordination with the Houston, Dallas, other Parsons Brinckerhoff offices, and sub-consultants will be needed for most of the project assignments.
In addition this person will have the following responsibilities: senior designer requiring minimum supervision for geometric design according to applicable agency standards, lead CADD operator or otherwise give work direction to junior level staff; write procedures and distribute these to other CADD users; follow engineers instructions; generate roadway and bridge designs, prepare traffic control plans, and construction drawings, etc; organize and design from written or verbal specifications or from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings; and develop standards and symbols to meet specialized needs of a particular project.
- Using Microstation, Geopak, and potentially Inroads software to generate varied and complex design for horizontal alignments, vertical profiles, and cross-sections under the engineer’s direction for segments of assigned projects or tasks for use with project drawings.
- Willing to learn and apply Geopak and Inroads template based roadway designer method for the creation of cross-sections and earthwork calculations.
- Acting as lead CADD Designer for the preparation of preliminary designs and final construction plans.
- Overseeing and training lower level CADD staff.
- Preparing various design options following engineers’ instructions.
- Developing standards and symbols to meet specialized needs of a particular project.
- Performing quantity calculations and estimates using appropriate bid unit items.
- May be responsible for the delivery of several design tasks of large scale and design-build projects under engineer’s charge.
- And other duties as assigned in assisting engineers in design activities associated with transportation projects.
- Dallas Horseshoe Design-Build highway and retaining wall design and plans preparation.
- TxDOT Indefinite Deliverable Contract
- IH-10 Frontage Road Conversion
- FM 967 Widening
- Fifteen (15) or more years experience in the design, and drafting procedures of transportation projects from conceptual to final engineering design solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of TxDOT design guidelines, and roadway/ bridge standards.
- Proficiency with the use of MicroStation, and Geopak for design and plans preparation.
- Knowledge of Autocad, InRoads, Civil 3D software and rail project experience are also pluses.
This position requires formal education in CADD and drafting procedures from a Community College or Technical School. Lifelong training and certifications in CADD software and procedures are strongly preferred. The selected candidate must be able to work in the United States immediately on a full time permanent basis.
Balfour Beatty - 8 months ago
Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure and...