Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
Under the direction of the Manager, schedules appointments and procedures per practice protocols. Collects accurate and complete patient demographic information including insurance and authorization / referral requirements. Assigns CPT codes for ordered studies. Receives and transmits information as needed. Explains and coordinates exam / prep protocols.
Skills & Abilities:
As a call-center lead agent for the centralized scheduling department, must consistently deliver the following attributes:
Other Required Duties:
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Courteous answering of in-coming calls.
- Professional identification of self and SCHC / SCPA.
- Proper transfer of calls with an appropriate introduction.
- Willingness to contact referring physicians and other healthcare facilities on behalf of the patient.
- Positive attitude and self control in dealing with difficult callers and situations.
- Accuracy in populating demographic information and scheduling comments.
- Exhibit at remedy approach to cancellations, appointment gaps and rescheduling activities.
- Obtain and record updated demographic information at time of scheduling.
- Communicate proper protocols for all modalities.
- Follow established scheduling procedures.
- Lead daily group huddles of the Call Center to training programs to develop new employees and further educate existing staff knowledge.
- Provide leadership and directives in daily operations of the Call Center to ensure patients.
- Adjust Real-Time skill-set queues in order to lower wait times and abandonment rate.
- Have excellent organizational skills and keeps files and work area organized.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
Must consistently demonstrate positive customer service skills. Must utilize proper medical terminology. Acts as a resource contact to communicate and coordinate appointment changes among the various practice sites. Understand and implement departmental policy and procedures. Must be able to interact positively with physicians, patients and co-workers. Must be able to assimilate multiple pieces of data to accomplish required tasks.
Training & Education:
High School Diploma
Experience in scheduling appointments in a medical office or healthcare organization. Verbal interactions with physicians, patients or parents in a healthcare environment. Utilization of an automated system for scheduling highly desired.
Report to Call Center Manager
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
Shift begin time
Shift end time
Tenet Healthcare - 22 months ago