The Lacrosse coach, under the direct supervision of the Recreation Coordinator, is responsible for the daily instruction and monitoring of a new lacrosse program for ages 6-12 years old. The coach works with the supervisor and other coaches to ensure that participants are receiving safe and proper instruction. The coach must be able to work the following dates: March 11th through May 18th (TBA) with practices being held twice a week from 5:45pm-7:15pm and Saturday games throughout the metro area beginning on March 30th with working hours on Saturdays from 8:00am-4:00pm depending on game times
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Modern principles and practices of lacrosse development and implementation
• Sound knowledge of the sport rules and objectives.
•Proper lacrosse skills
•Organization of lacrosse rules and procedures
• Ability to convey ideas to participants of various ages (teams consist of ages (6-8), (8-10) & (10-12)
• Efficiency in organizing and conducting practices.
• Insure safe and proper instruction and more importantly the participants are having fun.
• Convey ideals of sportsmanship.
• Insure safety of all participants.
• Able to maintain discipline and assist in handling concerns.
• Oversee practice locations and evaluate conditions for safety.
• Set-up fields for play and coordinate equipment.
• Attend coaches’ meetings, practices and games
Education and Experience:
Previous experience participating in high school or college lacrosse or previous experience coaching lacrosse. Minimum of one year previous lacrosse coaching experience preferred. Must show ability to communicate aspects of sports to youth participants and parents.
Valid driver’s license. Current CPR and first aid certification & Youth Sports Concussion Certified or ability to obtain prior to season start date (will be provided). Candidate must have proper transportation to attend games and practices.
Contracted Position. Not a City Employee
City of Northglenn, CO - 17 months ago