- Job Summary
- Assists licensed nursing staff in providing direct resident assistance under the direction of the LPN and within scope of defined practice. Demonstrates a commitment to professional accountability and growth to maintain and expand knowledge and skills. Contributes to the achievement of the mission and philosophy of the Organization. Contributes to the effective operations of the Organization by demonstrating dependability in job performance. Exhibits the F.I.R.S.T. Values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust).
- Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Works in a well lighted, ventilated and air conditioned area. Often exposed to unpleasant odors, sights and sounds. Long periods of standing, walking, stooping heavy lifting and bending are required. Risks exposure to disease, infection and physical strain and assault. Risks exposure to blood, body fluids. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently.
- Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Certification and/or eligible nursing assistant course and exam given by KY Tech or another state which is accepted by the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry preferred.
- Experience: One (1) year experience preferred.
- EQUIPMENT USED/SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: (See competency check list)
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard