Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is currently looking for a Casino Services Representative to join the team.
SUMMARY: Promote the Preferred Card to guests and continuously encourage its use. Work in the information booth and assist guests as necessary to ensure their satisfaction with the casino. Sell merchandise to customers. Perform general stock, inventory, and cleaning duties.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Promote Club Hollywood: pass out cards, explain how to use them, and continuously encourage their use. Duties include 15 sign-ups per 8 hour shift, computer data entry, distribution of cards, and explanation of benefits.
- Interview and take pictures of jackpot winners. Fill out model and photo release forms; obtain signatures of guest and photographs in color and black and white for advertising purposes, and for future release in newsletter.
- Work in the information booth: pass out entry forms for promotions and VIP cards, answer questions, exchange vouchers for gifts, answer phone, and perform miscellaneous other tasks as assigned by Casino Marketing. Must be able to explain redemption list to customers, print out voucher, and order gifts.
- Assist with special monthly promotions (e.g., free sweatshirt give-away). Work with marketing in carrying out special promotions.
- Perform computer data entry and file maintenance for the Club Hollywood. Pull up specific accounts to check customers' point status.
- Board and greet guests coming on the boat. Duties include verification of date, cruise time, and signature of each boarding pass.
- Greeting of special groups fewer than 50 persons. Includes educating guests of the facility, how to use the boarding passes, and answering any questions.
- Effectively respond to issues that arise. Ability to think quickly and react based on knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Perform general duties: operate register, assist customers, answer question, etc.
- Communicate by two-way radio with agents, supervisors and valet.
- Redeem vouchers for VIP Slot Club. Complete necessary paperwork for each voucher redeemed.
- Perform stock and inventory work.
- Clean and straighten work area: vacuum carpet, polish windows and straighten counter and supplies.
- Organize coats in a number sequential fashion.
- Ability to handle a high volume of patrons
- Coat Check is a seasonal position with the possibility of meeting the requirements of the Guest Service Department criteria.
- Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Training skills with every patron and co-worker.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.; prefer Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Cast Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Cast Member is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The Cast Member must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s Good To Be PENN!”
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 10 months ago