CAT Lab Tools Developer-INF0004179
Computer Aided Test / Laboratory Tools Software Developer, Global Product Development
About the General Motors Product Development IT team:
Global Product Development IT is responsible for coordinating product development process re-engineering activities and the implementation of associated information systems across GM business sectors. Our Goal is to effectively and efficiently develop and deliver focused solutions to the business that drive business value and meet the most critical business needs. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
This role will be an integral member of application development teams supporting GM’s Vehicle and Powertrain Global Test Laboratories. Developers will build applications for engineers and lab technicians in a variety of labs and validation disciplines including, but not limited to: Safety Labs, Vehicle Dynamics, Battery Lab, Emissions Lab, Electromagnetic Compatability, etc. Many of the projects will be done in an agile rapid prototyping environment.
The Laboratory Tools / Computer Aided Test Software Developer is responsible for developing software components that make up complex systems serving GM Product Development community. This includes both hands-on development and testing of systems using a mix of custom and commercial packages, with a focus on data acquisition, data analysis and information presentation.
The developer will work independently and under the direction of Lead IT developers or architects while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
- BS or equivalent experience in engineering, computer science, or other math based discipline
- Experience in Matlab, Diadem, Labview and / or C/C++ programming languages
- Experience developing code to detailed UML software design specifications
- Demonstrated experience developing SQL queries to access databases through ODBC
- Demonstrated experience developing GUIs using Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC)
Why General Motors?
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, .net,
- Experience with large-scale code bases, with the desire to dive in, understand existing code, improve, redesign and generalize existing functionalities
- Demonstrated experience with Digital Signal Processing Theory
- Demonstrated experience processing data using scientific math library functions
- Participation in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Experience with equipment level interfaces and control
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-MI-Milford
Posting Date : May 7, 2013, 2:48:06 PM - Jun 6, 2013, 10:59:59 PM
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 2 years ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...