Lang-Mekra North America, LLC, a tier 1 supplier of vision systems to the heavy trucking industry located NE of Columbia, SC is seeking a strong, detailed oriented CATIA V5 Design Engineer .
- Lead or assist in development and modification of product system designs.
- Conduct analytical studies of engineering proposals as well as existing designs, to ensure compliance with product requirements, ease of efficient manufacturing, and optimized product costing.
- Propose designs or design modifications to improve quality, cost, efficiency, etc…
- Participate in cross-functional evaluations and meetings, such as design review, providing relevant, purposeful and insightful input.
- Create / modify CAD models (CATIAV5) and data from described concepts and/or illustrations.
- Conduct detailed problem analysis with designs or manufacturing as assigned, and propose effective solutions.
- Assist engineering management or lead engineers with duties as assigned.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments as required.
· Maintain awareness of status of emerging, relevant technologies.
- Ensure familiarity with applicable federal requirements (ex, FMVSS 111).
- Ensure familiarity with all customer and Mekra products, designs, engineering specifications and manufacturing processes.
- Obtain and maintain a CDL.
· Highly team oriented.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good time management skills are required.
· Able to work in fast paced and changing environment.
· Able to bring new and innovative ideas to the team.
- Able to multi-task effectively and work within given time constraints.
· Familiarity with AIAG engineering documentation and practices.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of functional CAD experience using CATIA v5.
- Knowledge of typical industry material properties and manufacturing processes.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
Lang-Mekra provides competitive compensation and a benefits package which includes health and dental coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, flexible spending account and paid time off.
To be considered for this position you must apply through the following link:
Must be willing to relocate to South Carolina. Replies to candidates under consideration only. Please no phone calls or recruiting / staffing agencies. EOE.
Lang Mekra North America - 18 months ago