City of Hope
Center for Biomedicine and Genetics
CBG Associate II
A CBG Associate II position is currently available at the City of Hope Center for Biomedicine and Genetics.
This position is responsible for manufacturing and testing of stem cell-based biological products under limited supervision. The position
- Participates in the efforts towards compliance with all Federal and State accrediting agency requirements in the manufacturing and testing of biopharmaceutical and genetic products manufactured in the Center for Biomedicine and Genetics (CBG).
- Performs manufacturing activities, process development tasks, quality control assays, release tests and assay development tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Performs general laboratory activities assigned by supervisor.
- Provides qualification and validation support for manufacturing processes and quality assurance procedures that are essential to the cGMP production of biomedical products.
- Perform all cGMP related activities strictly according to SOP with accurate documentation.
- Cooperate with Quality Assurance group to ensure the quality of product and cGMP compliance.
- Required to wear pager, or other communication devices, and respond to emergency calls.
About City of Hope
- Requires BS degree in biological science or related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements; 3-5 years related experience with B.S. degree or 0-4 year with M.S. degree.
- Strong cell culture skills, required. Experience with human embryonic stem cells, a plus.
- Background in biology and chemistry.
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City Of Hope - 22 months ago
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 41 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute....