The story of Bank of the West is a rich tale of growth, progress and innovation spanning more than a century. For over 135 years, listening and responding to the needs of our customers and communities has been central to our business philosophy. Bank of the West is a premier financial services company that serves more than 2 million households in 19 states, from California, the Pacific Northwest and the Southwest across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains into the Midwest. And our specialty divisions serve customers nationwide. With more than 700 banking locations across 19 states and a team of more than 10,000 employees, Bank of the West serves the banking needs of all major market segments – consumer, small, middle market, and large commercial enterprises, and government entities. We’ve developed innovative products and services, and a sophisticated approach to credit. We always remember we are in a “people business,” and no matter how large we become, we never lose sight of the individual customer. Bank of the West is fully owned by BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world.
Responsible for providing senior credit analysis support to assigned line or business and region(s). Provides detailed analysis of financial statements, tax returns, and financial statement projections to assist in administration of assigned relationships. May interface directly with Borrowers, attend client and prospect meetings with more senior staff, and assist in the preparation of more complex credit requests/reviews including direct lending and agented syndications. This position is able to complete key portions of a simple and/or routine credit request/review independently and without error. Interacts with Credit & Counterparty Risk, CBG Loan Administration, servicing, operations, appraisal, legal and other related personnel as needed for obtaining documentation or assisting with loan closing and loan maintenance. May serve in a lead capacity other credit analysts to manage work flow.
Essential Job Functions
1. Produces qualitative financial review to be included as a portion of the credit request. Handles the most complicated relationships. Analyzes credits including financial statement spreading analysis, tax return analysis, and cash flow projections to make recommendations of client's credit situation.
2. Provides support to the regional and division managers for special projects and reporting tasks. Such special projects may include compliance tracking, portfolio analysis, budget forecasts, presentations for senior bank management and the creation of excel based underwriting tools.
3. Ensures portfolio maintenance by monitoring delinquencies, matured and maturing loans, and assisting with the preparation of extension requests. Sets up credit files and ensures assigned files are complete and updated according to BOW compliance standards. Also sets up covenant and compliance tracking on Balenz.
4. Attends client and team meetings and assists in determination of client needs. Assists Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers with completion of Credit Requests and other tasks as needed, providing analysis and review as applicable in a timely fashion free of errors.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- 2 or more years of directly related experience including financial statements, tax returns, and/or cash flow analysis
- This is the senior level CBG Credit Analyst position, assumed to be part of the career path for the Relationship Manager or credit related job families.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Excellent working knowledge of other software used for analysis such as MFA and Tax Analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
Bank of the West - 23 months ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...