PURPOSE: Provides accurate and timely review, processing, and distribution of incoming CBO receipts and related correspondence for payment posting or other follow up activity. Carries out all duties while respecting patient confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization supported.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sorts incoming Local receipts and prepares daily deposits.
- Balance and batches incoming Lockbox receipts and related correspondence or payment coupons.
- Prepares payment posting batches according to established guidelines to optimize posting processes.
- Researches payments to determine accuracy of posting information.
- Promptly notifies Supervisor or Team Lead of any balancing discrepancies or other issues that are determined during batch processing.
- Obtains missing EOBs and other posting details necessary for accurate posting.
- Sorts, dates and distributes non financial bank correspondence based on department follow up workflows.
- Assists department staff with any clerical needs such as filing, logging, computer research, copies, dispensing mail, distributions, etc.
- Generates internal and/or external documents and correspondence using word processing software in a timely manner with a minimum of errors.
- Opens, date stamps, sorts, and delivers mail to each unit.
- Maintains file room condition: creates batch folders, files batches, pulls and delivers batches upon request, prepares batches for off site storage, requests warehouse batches and completes research as needed/requested.
- Operates and maintains business machines such as fax, copier, printer, etc. and ensures adequate levels of paper, toner/ink, etc.
- Keeps cash receipts secure by following department protocols.
- Processes outgoing refund checks, and other correspondence.
- Processes returned mail, manages return mail work queue and maintains statistical reports.
- Keeps complete, accessible, updated files.
- Provides workload statistic reports to manager.
- Responds professionally and effectively to questions from external sources, i.e., customer or carrier, and internal sources, i.e., provider or management team.
- Attends required in-services/training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous related experience in a position that required good organization skills and involved processing of paperwork with follow-up as needed.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of staff and the public.
- General knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to read and understand payer explanation of benefits.
- Previous experience with handling and balancing incoming receipts.
- General banking knowledge beneficial.
- Typing/Keyboarding ability and ten key entry by touch preferred.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.