"Empowering Human Potential” is more than a tagline; it’s our mantra for all associates, that motivates and reminds us of the essential role we play in the lives of our patients and customers. Whether directly or indirectly, every individual across every business unit and department at Hanger is helping to improve the lives of our patients and customers. One by one, we listen to challenges, collaborate with partners, identify solutions, overcome obstacles, lead through innovation, and apply our expertise to help move lives forward.
We know that the “possible” lives inside each of us, waiting to be unleashed. At every touch point across all of our business, we are keeping lives in motion, breaking down barriers, taking dreams further. As one united Hanger, we are achieving more of our own potential so that we can help patients do the same. Together we are working with one idea in mind: Empowering Human Potential.
A job with Hanger, one of the leading clinical authorities in the provision of integrated rehabilitative solutions, including being the largest owner and operator of orthotic and prosthetic clinics in the United States places you on a path leading well beyond ordinary career opportunities.
Provide the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources through the coordination and administration of the “front office” activities. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Company policies and compliance programs.
Depending on the operational requirements and size of the Hanger Clinic, this position may include some or all of the functions listed below:
- Provide the highest level of customer service is provided to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
- Collections to include research of accounts, review of accounts and contractual, appeals and adjustments.
- Preparation of write-offs and refunds.
- Review of AR and classification.
- Maintaining appropriate and timely follow-up as well as educating staff members regarding collection outcomes.
- Observing trends and guiding for appropriate outcomes.
- Follow up on all open accounts, maintaining thorough chronological financial records on each patient account.
- Coordinate communications with payers to ensure accurate billing practices, enhance reimbursement opportunities, achieve cash collections targets and reduce or maintain A/R over 120 days at and below target level.
- Provide counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and obtain credit agreements for outstanding balances.
- Maintain accurate and complete patient files, ensuring that they are in compliance with the Hanger Compliance Policies.
- Ensure the privacy and security of protected health information per HIPAA requirements.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Hanger offers an attractive program of benefits to our employees, both full time and part time.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
- Ability to key 40 words per minute with accuracy preferred.
- Ability to work with handicapped individuals.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology and a complete understanding of general office duties.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
- Knowledge of state, federal and regional collection and reimbursement laws where applicable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum two to four years office administrative experience required. Experience in a medical office preferred.
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS - In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be accepted by the local Hanger Clinic. Please respect our policy. Any necessary inquiries should contact our corporate Talent Acquisition department.
The Premier Provider of Orthotic and Prosthetic Solutions
Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P)...